At the International Curator’s Forum (ICF) we collect and use personal information of those who have registered a subscription to our mailing list. This policy will apply in all locations where we operate to all forms of information and to all systems used to collect, store, process or transfer information.
In countries where there are different privacy and data protection laws, we will comply with those laws where they meet internationally accepted privacy principles and fair information handling practices.
ICF is committed to:
- protecting the privacy and rights of its participants, subscribers and staff
- protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the information it collects, stores, transfers and processes in accordance with UK law and international good practice, and to meeting its legal requirements and contractual obligations
- explaining why it needs personal information, only asking for the personal information it needs and only sharing personal information within the ICF and with other organisations as necessary or where the person concerned has given their consent
- allowing people to request access to the personal information it holds on them and to complain if they believe their information has been mishandled
- not keeping personal information for longer than necessary
- ensuring that actual or suspected breaches of information security are reported and investigated
We will provide adequate and appropriate resources to implement this policy and will ensure it is communicated and understood.
ICF will review this global policy statement annually to reflect new legal and regulatory developments and ensure good practice.